Learn More About General Medicine at Our Health Center
General and family medicine are paramount to the health of each community. After all, we all need a place to go when that cough just won’t go away, or we have a question about how an injury is healing. While family medicine is a complex specialty, the heart of this type of healthcare is providing all-inclusive care to people of all ages. At Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic, we’re dedicated to doing just that. We’re glad to treat young patients, as well as elderly folks, helping them feel good and live life to the fullest. Our team understands that visiting the doctor can be daunting for some, so we’re committed to fostering a welcoming, comfortable environment for everyone. Learn more about family medicine at our Dallas and Balch Springs, TX locations and schedule your appointment today.
What Is Family Medicine?
Many physicians specialize in one part of the body or study one disease. However, those who specialize in family medicine are trained to provide comprehensive healthcare for people of all ages. A family doctor will be able to address your concerns about your baby’s cough, as well as treat senior citizens with nearly any condition. More specifically, you can count on a general medicine doctor for the following services:
- Acting as a patient’s first contact for any health concern
- Helping patients find healthcare professionals with a particular specialty
- Coordinating follow-up care and referrals
- Understanding community and social factors that impact the patient’s ability to access care
- Fostering a lasting relationship with patients
What Kinds of General Medicine Services Do You Provide?
Our team of family doctors is well-versed in a range of general medicine services. We strive to be your one-stop for nearly all of your overall health needs. At Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic, we want to make receiving preventative medicine as accessible as possible for our communities. Our highly trained physicians and nurse practitioners are here to deliver outstanding, personalized medical care for you and your whole family. Our array of services and appointment types include:
You should never skip a yearly checkup! These doctor visits are crucial to your health, especially if you’re already at risk for certain serious conditions. You don’t need to be sick to schedule your checkup. This visit is simply to evaluate your overall health and identify signs of illness before they worsen. Patients of all ages can expect the following at a checkup:
- Taking heartbeat and blood pressure
- Checking muscle strength and reflexes
- Examination of the head and neck
- Lab tests, including blood tests
- Checking the abdominal area for tenderness
Being sick is no fun. But minor illness can be even more of a headache without the counsel of a trustworthy medical professional. If you have any flu-like symptoms or signs of another illness, we encourage you to schedule an evaluation with us. Our experienced team of physicians and nurse practitioners can diagnose your condition, prescribe medication, and create a treatment plan.
Some jobs and high school activities require a physical before you can begin work or participation. Luckily, the team at Foremost Family Health Centers can take care of your needs. A licensed physician will administer your physical so you can get to work.
Chronic Disease Management
Are you dealing with a chronic disease? Whether you’ve been managing your symptoms for years or just a few weeks, we can help. Our team understands the challenges that come with dealing with a chronic condition day in and day out. We have years of experience helping patients minimize their chronic pain and reduce bothersome symptoms. At Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic, we can provide disease management for the following conditions, among others:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Chronic Pain
Testing for certain diseases and conditions is critical. If you suspect you may have a particular ailment, don’t hesitate to speak with the team at Foremost Family Health Centers. At your appointment, we’ll be sure to administer any relevant testing. Once we receive results, we’ll get to work creating a treatment plan meant to relieve your symptoms and restore your quality of life. Types of testing we provide in Dallas and Balch Springs include:
- STD Testing
- HIV Testing
- Cancer Screening
- Pregnancy Testing
Board-Certified Team Members Caring for Your Family
When you make your appointment with Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic, you can count on board-certified physicians with years of experience in healthcare. Not only do our team members hold years of expertise, but they’re also trained in a range of specialties. At our health center, you can request appointments with our medical team, dental team, or behavioral health team. By offering services that focus on both the physical and mental health of our patients, we hope to continue to be a leader in comprehensive care.
Other Services We Offer
At Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic, we’re committed to offering all the medical services you need in one place. As such, our healthcare professionals specialize in much more than just family medicine. Part of our mission is to improve the health of whole families, and to meet that goal, we know it’s crucial to provide a comprehensive suite of services. Below, you’ll find more of our specialties:
- Adult Dentistry: While dental health may seem separate from the health of your whole body, it actually plays an instrumental role in your overall wellbeing. Schedule an appointment with one of our compassionate dental professionals.
- Behavioral Health: Mental health is just as important as physical health. Our team is made up of professional counselors who can help you navigate stress, anxiety, depression, ADHD, and a variety of other conditions.
- Lab Testing & Support Services: Our health center offers an array of lab testing and support services. We operate a fully equipped blood and specimen collection laboratory and pharmacy. Our team also offers transportation, translation services, and wellness programs.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: At Foremost Family Health Centers, you can count on quality gynecological care. Our team of physicians can help you with fertility concerns, birth control, pregnancy, and overall feminine health.
- Pediatric Dentistry: It’s never too early to get your child used to visiting the dentist. At our health center, we’re committed to creating a comfortable, relaxing environment for our pediatric dentistry patients.
- Pediatrics: Our team is proud to offer a wide breadth of pediatric services. We know that kids get sick often, and it’s crucial to have a reliable health clinic you can trust.
- Podiatry: Are you dealing with foot or ankle pain? Our podiatry experts can help. Podiatrists treat problems with the feet, ankles, and legs, and we’re ready to address your concerns.
- Telehealth/Telemedicine: If you need medical advice but can’t or don’t want to leave home, our telehealth options were designed with you in mind. Get the counsel you need over video without ever having to move from your living room.
Make Your Appointment at One of Our Texas Locations
Residents throughout Dallas and Balch Springs, TX trust the teams at Foremost Family Health Centers and MLK Family Clinic for top-quality medical care. What started as a small family clinic in 1986 soon became a fixture in the community, synonymous with affordable family health care. Our patients have come to expect comprehensive services that are accessible to everyone, whether they’re insured or not. Although we’ve been open for over 30 years, we’ve never wavered in our commitment to patient health and comfort. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.